Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Waiting on the BBT

The BBT of course is The Big Brown Truck, also known as UPS. I'm waiting for it's arrival as eagerly as any kid at Christmas, even if Christmas is 3 weeks away. I've ordered a new guitar, which I really don't need as I now own 4 plus 1 banjo. This one will be the exception as it is an electric guitar. I'm buying it used since it's no longer in production. It was made by Cort, which is a Korean company. It is a Matt "Guitar" Murphy signature model. If you've never heard of him I'm not surprised, but you've heard him play if you listen to Howling Wolf, or the Blues Brothers. Matt is a sideman, and a very good one at that. His discography goes back into the 1940s. He's been around that long and is now 82 and still playing, and playing good. Most of his career he played for people like Memphis Slim, Muddy Waters and the Wolf, but he has done some of his own stuff too. I'm going to try to get back into electric blues music. most of what I play now is acoustic. Now I need a band. Maybe they'll come on the BBT too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

Waiting for the BBT, I think there is a song title in that.

6:43 AM  
Blogger swampcritter2 said...

Howard, I'll get to work on it. I do have a rendition of a work I call the Eastern Shore National Anthem. I will post it as soon as we secede.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home