Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Quiet Thanksgiving

Today was indeed a quiet Thanksgiving. It was just me and the Mrs. We have had the nest all to ourselves the past 4 years, the child lives on the West coast with her spouse, so we scale it down accordingly. We did eat turkey of course,which I of course cooked, as I have been doing all the cooking for the past 30 years or so. We have an arrangement in this house, and it works happily for us, so we are thankful for that much this day. I also worked outside today, blew some leaves around while the turkey cooked. I called my brother who is in the hospital at least until Monday following an attack of diverticulitus. Hopefully he won't need surgery. The boy has had enough to contend with lately what with dealing with prostate cancer. He'll see no turkey today as he is on a liquid diet. I told him I'd save him some of our Turkey and trimmings for when he gets home, but there's no guarantee he'll be allowed to eat it. I am thankful all things considered that I still have a brother. All this mess has brought us closer together and I'm thankful for that today also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home