Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Scrapple

Today the Mrs. and meself betook ourselves up to the Apple Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville. Bridgeville is kind of a misnomer I would say. For one thing, there ain't no bridge there. This is kind of like Snow Hill where I hail from, there ain't no snow, and there ain't no hills either. Be that as it may, we arrive at Bridgeville. It's a healthy hike from parking lot to downtown, but we're up to it. Off we go, and soon arrive at the festival area, which is several blocks fronting Rte. 404 and along Cannon St. I was hoping to run into Elbert as he said he would be there, but it was not to be. I'm for sure I would have recognized him had he been there when I came. (between 10 and 11 o'clock) The only person I saw that I recognized was Mike Castle. I didn't realize he was as tall as he is, although I swear he looks like a character out of a Dr. Seuss book. He's nearly as tall as I am, although I am better looking. That's the price you pay for notoriety I guess. There were too many vendors there to count, and a lot of them were selling food. My wife and I are bad influences on each other. We both know our at home culinary experiences can surpass any street food, so we ate nothing. Unthinkable isn't it? Does this mean we're food snobs? The food prices were also high, and not just a little bit high, a lot high. I nearly bought some of the curried goat one vendor was offering, then I saw that he wanted 8 dollars. 8 dollars for goat? I won't say the morning was a bust, nor will I diss Bridgeville. The weather was gorgeous, perfect for an event. I did enjoy myself mostly. I like the town, and have done business there with the Weller folks for quite a while now. I've never been to Apple Scrapple before and thought I'd give it a try. Maybe I'll try again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home