Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday to Recover

Hallelujah it's Monday! How often have you heard that? Never thought I'd be saying it myself, but I am, exhausted on Monday. No I did not go out and do the 'Weekend Warrior" thing. What I did do was stay home all day Saturday and prep food for Sunday's Homecoming services at our church. I got up at 4:30 a.m. and went to bed at 11. That's a long day. Sunday was a normal church day, Sunday school, worship service, but then we had a meal. At 2 o'clock we had a few minutes of praise and then it was solid music for 2 hours, and more fellowship after. I played guitar again, while my wife sang. We did one song, (AS The Deer) Faith Dimattias from Pitts Creek Baptist came and sang two fine songs. I've mentioned her before, she's very good. Tyrell Sterling and his sister sang and got a standing ovation. they have some beautiful harmonies. His sister ( I forget her name) sang "All Is Well with My Soul." This was the one that got the big response. The girl knows how to do it. My hair is standing on my head just remembering it. Faith Dimmattias' sister sang 3 songs, and did very well despite a sore throat. The Chesser Family from Chincoteague played nearly 40 minutes of Country Gospel. They opened with Hank Williams' "I Saw the Light." I've seen them before, and they are so good. We finally got home around 5. Today I am still tired, but it was worth it. I had a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home