Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally The Rains Cease


I admit it. I am sick to death of all the rain we've been blessed with lately. In the past day and a half, we have received 3 plus inches. The Swampster appreciates his environs but I don't want them to wash awy either.
The road closed sign you see here is a common enough sight on Porter's Crossing Rd. in Worcester county whenever you get an appreciable amount of rainfall.






The house in the background by the way is where my grandmother was born. In the top picture you see see some brave and intrepid scofflaw negotiating the flooded road. The general rule of thumb is if you can see the lines on the road, the water is not so deep that it can't be driven through. Don't ask me how I know that.
I can tell you this. On more than one occasion I have been canoing on this section of the Pocomoke River and have actually canoed over the road. Water that high over the road usually occurs in the spring after a heavy Nor'easter. Today I'm enjoying the sunshine, even if is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home